4,409 Free Blogger Templates

Free and Professional templates for your blog.

Free Blogger Templates

BTemplates, the best place for Blogger templates since 2008.

Massage

Massage


Favorite music playlists?

Posted: 19 May 2020 05:09 PM PDT

Spotify preferred. I am trying to curate some new playlists for when I go back to work. I try to avoid vocals, flutes, or anything that gets a little too "woo". Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Late_Philosophy
[link] [comments]

Make it make sense

Posted: 19 May 2020 04:51 AM PDT

Question from a therapist of ten years to all therapists in a hurry to start massaging again. Covid-19 is an invisible threat with many people being asymptomatic. Who gets seriously ill or die hasn't been cookie cutter. May God bless all those souls. Now typically a therapist wouldn't work on somebody with a cold or flu. You know the "if you're feeling sick, stay home" line. I mean because you don't want to cause any issues right. You don't want to catch it and spread it right. Question... how do you reconcile massaging on clients that may be infected with Covid?

submitted by /u/worldclasshands
[link] [comments]

Covid 19, thoughts on unionizing?

Posted: 19 May 2020 01:41 AM PDT

So since everyone is reconsidering their lives, thoughts on unionizing? Now is the best time if any, many therapist will be leaving the field, with many more clients to take care of. I understand not everyone is open to returning just yet, with others jumping at the opportunity due to family and bills. The average price of a massage hasn't gone up in 25 years. If memory serves, it had actually gone down. Massage therapist are so good natured we are frequently exploited. That said, would you at least consider it and give honest opinions? Thank you!

submitted by /u/massageace00
[link] [comments]

Post COVID practice pics. What will massage therapy look like?

Posted: 19 May 2020 05:51 AM PDT

How are you handling a price increase?

Posted: 19 May 2020 05:54 AM PDT

I was planning on doing a price increase right before this started; I got new postcards printed and everything. Now with limited hours and extra risk + time in between clients I feel the need to go up even more.

Are prices going up industry wide? What do you think is an acceptable increase?

I was charging $90 and considering going up to $115. I have 12 years of experience, and definitely feel I am worth more per hour but I don't want my clients to be turned off by the increase. How are you handling it?

submitted by /u/freak_shack
[link] [comments]

Becoming a MT part time?

Posted: 19 May 2020 09:41 AM PDT

*Re-posted under an alternate account

Goal: Becoming a therapist with the goal of working part-time

I originally looked into massage therapy in 2015 because I was unhappy with my career and wanted to: 1. Give massages professionally, but not be a full time therapist. 2. Provide better massages for my loved ones.

I decided not to pursue schooling because I am a New Yorker and learned that NYS has some of the strictest licensing qualifications (1000 hours/no experience & state exam OR 1000 hours/2-4 yrs. experience & MBLEx). It was a lot of time and money for something I was wishy-washy on so I did not pursue.

I am now a resident of Texas which requires 500 hours training and passing the MBLEx. Other states I would move to (due to me or my partner's careers) offer reasonable reciprocity procedures re: licensing.

About me: -30F -Career: Licensed FAA Flight Dispatcher (seriously), and Flight Operations Regulatory Advisor -Originally wanted to be a pilot -BS in Biology, multiple professional courses relating to aviation -Artist -Good physical shape. I know massage is very physical, so not sure if this is work pointing out. I used to work at an ice cream shop (bear with me) and the everyone's forearms would be DEAD by the end of a shift from gripping the scoop and rolling the hard ice cream out. While I experienced soreness, I definitely had more stamina than others. -Other physical factors: former cello player and active tennis player (competed in high school, just play for fun now.)

I am currently furloughed from my aviation job... and it's fine. I've been overwhelmed and unhappy in the job for a bit and have been looking for a change. My partner and I would like to start a family in the next 2-3 years and I think massage would offer more flexibility to accommodate a family as well.

I suppose my biggest question is: Would it be silly to undergo the process of obtaining my license with the aim of working part-time? (10-30 hrs per week)?

Any therapists who work part-time have any advice?

submitted by /u/Original-Opportunity
[link] [comments]

Looking for a beginner TCM book.

Posted: 19 May 2020 09:25 AM PDT

Even though I went to an acupuncture school for my massage license, I've really planted my feet into the western approach to heath (which I don't plan to stray from). I'd like to get back into TCM, simply for the knowledge. I loved my intro class ins school and I miss the fresh perspective it gave me on health and well being.

There's so much out there- any recommendations? I'd love something that goes over the elements, and gives some tools for nutrition and herbs, massage, basic points etc.

Again- I'm all about western medicine. But I really enjoy having a strong foundation in both!

submitted by /u/UseforaMoose
[link] [comments]

ABMP exam coach

Posted: 19 May 2020 07:45 AM PDT

Honestly I'm ashamed to ask, and I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to do this. But is there anybody who has got ABMP exam coach subscription or massage exam academy.com (mine expired) and wouldn't mind to share ? I could pay half the price if needed.

I know that nobody likes listening to other people's problems, but because of the virus I lost my job, the state I'm living in does not give unemployment to anybody, I've been waiting for their response for more than 2 months. I barely have any money on food.

I wanna nail this exam. But I simply can't afford paying $75. I know it sounds ridiculous.

Please DM me with any info. Thank you 🙏 Stay safe and sane during these challenging times.

submitted by /u/wwvladis
[link] [comments]

Foam Rolling Certification

Posted: 19 May 2020 05:25 AM PDT

Has anyone here gotten certified to teach foam rolling? Any recommendations for where to get the certification?

submitted by /u/PrincessPnyButtercup
[link] [comments]

Suggestion on at-home massage for knots in shoulders

Posted: 19 May 2020 05:19 AM PDT

Not comfortable yet getting a massage but that doesn't stop my knots. Any at-home techniques or products that will help. I currently have a tennis ball, but they keep forming.

Also can knots cause headaches?

submitted by /u/BlisterInNY
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment