4,409 Free Blogger Templates

Free and Professional templates for your blog.

Free Blogger Templates

BTemplates, the best place for Blogger templates since 2008.

Massage

Massage


Am I the only therapist who doesn’t think massage should be available yet (covid 19)

Posted: 18 May 2020 10:34 AM PDT

I understand that massage is healing.. I've been practicing for 5 years at this point. I have many clients texting me, anticipating a fast approaching opening date. However, I just don't think my area is ready for massage. I will have to wear scrubs and change in between each client, both the client and I will have to wear masks (1 for each new client ... expensive!!!), I will have to wear gloves and purchase an air purifier for my room (also expensive) and cleaning the entire space between clients will take up so much time that I will only be able to see a few clients a day.. yet I will be there for hours without being paid (just cleaning in between clients and after).

I guess I feel alone in this because I see so many people pushing to open the doors and I just don't feel like I'm ready. Are there any other LMTs feeling similarly?

submitted by /u/cinderkitten11
[link] [comments]

What are your feelings of doing work on friends?

Posted: 18 May 2020 08:55 PM PDT

I'm looking for a new massage therapist as mine has moved and the walk-in accupressure salon is cool sometimes but i prefer a deep tissue experience personally. I'm friends with a married couple and she with a partner run a small salon with the two of them.

While I'd like to obviously support my friends businesses over strangers what's the etiquette here? I don't want to step on toes and I see it as purely a health benefit for me and a nice bonus and not sexual. There still is an intimacy there though and i would hate to insert myself into a potentially uncomfortable situation for my friend having her be that familiar with my body in a mechanical sense.

Also totally cool if I'm being irrational and putting too much thought into it.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/brawl
[link] [comments]

Texas governor just announced massage establishments can re-open immediately

Posted: 18 May 2020 01:18 PM PDT

Governor Abbott just announced that massage establishments are allowed to open immediately. I do not feel safe, myself, performing massage right now.

submitted by /u/Mostenbockers
[link] [comments]

Does anyone have experience working with EDS? Or general advice with hyperflexible clients?

Posted: 18 May 2020 09:14 PM PDT

What works for you? I'm a newer LMT with little experience on this condition. It seems there is varying information online regarding treatment but overall I'd assume no deep friction near joints, don't stretch to end feel, thorough communication with client.

I'm sure every case is unique so any/all relevant advice (intake, muscle testing, common problem areas, modalities, pressure, etc) is appreciated. Thank you

submitted by /u/litegronnsak
[link] [comments]

Mblex preparation

Posted: 18 May 2020 08:45 PM PDT

Hello everybody! I graduated massage school in March. All the MBLEx test centers shut down. So I have been preparing for the exam on and off, but anatomy (really struggling with nervous and endocrine systems) and kinesiology are just ridiculously hard for me. I keep going over and over it all, but I can't seem to remember pretty much anything.

All I am using for studying is massageexamacademy.com.

Are there any more resources that have a bank of questions that have similar questions to the MBLEx? Maybe those who passed the exam already, could you please recommend some other websites or books to help with preparation ?

I saw A LOT of people recommending ABMP exam coach. Are those paid comments or any of you actually found it useful?

Thank you in advance, guys ❤️

submitted by /u/wwvladis
[link] [comments]

How are my fellow MTs navigating the deniers be they other MTs, other peripheral healthcare workers, nurses, energy workers, orcfriends and family?

Posted: 18 May 2020 08:25 PM PDT

I'm lucky in that no one in my personal circle has gone conspiracy theory bonkers. BUT the same does not go for some of my local colleagues online. Generally I just report misleading posts and their respective "sources" but today when I saw another YouTube video from another denier/misleader I was wondering if I should do something else.

What are y'all doing when a denier crosses paths with you?

submitted by /u/pbandbooks
[link] [comments]

Anyone else feel like practicing right now is just dangerous and states are foolish to even allow it? The death toll is already over 90,000 and is still climbing.

Posted: 18 May 2020 04:22 AM PDT

The city I live in is a hot spot and has consistently kept the highest number of cases in the state and yet they have decided to open in one week. I am completely riddled with anxiety about it and I am terrified that if I go back to work that I will be putting myself and my family's health at risk as well as the clients. With everything opening back up the virus is most definitely going to start spreading worse and worse. The PPE requirements in my state are also incredibly heavy with the therapists even required to wear long sleeved disposable gowns and gloves. It is even encouraged in the guidelines to keep clients face down as long as feasibly possible to minimize the contact. Everything about it just screams that it is dangerous and is the absolute wrong time to be practicing.

submitted by /u/GinGerSnappidy
[link] [comments]

Considering massage school! Would like to open a wellness center someday.

Posted: 18 May 2020 02:41 PM PDT

I've owned my own booth rental space as a hairstylist for the past 4 years (been a stylist for 15). I no longer want to be in the beauty industry, but I am very drawn to the wellness industry. I don't have any college under my belt and I like being my own boss for the most part. I also want to help people on a more spiritual level, after going through my own health crisis and journey. The reason I looked into massage is because ultimately I would love to do advanced modalities and work with mind body medicine, and other energy work. I really hope that in the future they allow LMT's to practice pelvic floor therapy as well. My hope is to have a small wellness center with other holistic practitioners. I loved learning anatomy in cosmetology school, and in another world I would have been a PT, or a nutritionist but the education will take way too long at this point in my life. (I'm 33) I'm just curious what furthering your career looks like within the massage realm and if specializing in different modalities lends itself to growth? I don't mind the idea of rubbing people for strictly relaxation but I know I won't want to do just that forever. I like having the licensure to be considered a practitioner.

submitted by /u/Dayyyy_dreaming_
[link] [comments]

Getting a massage license as a man

Posted: 18 May 2020 09:35 AM PDT

Hi all, I'd like to know if it's possible for a male to find work as a massage therapist. Obviously, I need this question answered before I can seriously consider going to school for it- I worry that there's no market for one. If it helps, I'm 21 years old and live in California. Thanks.

submitted by /u/ray_gunna
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment