4,409 Free Blogger Templates

Free and Professional templates for your blog.

Free Blogger Templates

BTemplates, the best place for Blogger templates since 2008.

Massage

Massage


Welp, I'm back to work.

Posted: 29 Apr 2020 09:20 PM PDT

It's not a hypothetical any longer. The chiro I work for has officially bullied me into returning to work. I don't feel good about it, but massage is allowed by my state orders, and refusing work disqualifies me from unemployment. So gotta pay rent.

(Is it legal: yes. Is it ethical? No one's putting a gun to the client's head and forcing them to come in for massage. If they get sick, they knew the risks. At the same time, the more we allow for sickness to spread, the more we risk society's fragile and that's unethical. But capitalism isn't ethical. You can't blame the fcking serfs for slaving away.)

I'm only seeing urgent need medical clients, but unfortunately there's just a lot of those. I did send two people home last week because they didn't demonstrate urgent need in their intakes. I'm being a fcking pain in the ass in every way, I took every precaution..

...face mask for me and my clients, changed my shirt for every client, no blanket because we don't have enough to wash between every client, did the intake 6ft apart in the hallway, took temperatures (although I think that's kind of BS), sanitized everything from front door to table after every client... I have like a 14-item checklist I'm following from the ABMP guide thing.

I don't think that's enough. I feel like COVID could still spread. But it's all I really can do.

The chiro is not supplying anything so I brought in my own stuff, and they refused my request for more turnover time so I just cut everyone's massages short. People got like 50 minutes. You want to risk our lives and get a massage today, that's the price you're gonna pay. Sorry not sorry. We'll see if anyone notices/complains. My employer refuses to buy one of those air purifiers for our tiny windowless treatment room or do anything helpful.

My biggest worry is infection from my co-workers, who are not taking this seriously, have worked this entire time, reuse the same gross blanket all week, etc. It's frustrating because I think they're allowing for unnecessary risk, and also making me look bad by comparison. The clients I turned away for wanting relaxation massage just rebooked with my co-workers for tomorrow on their way out. Eyeroll.

I dunno. We'll see if I get fired or sick or if I'm being dramatic. Who knows how this will play out.

It was nice to work again. I did the first massage and was like OK, nap time now?? But the last one of the day was great and really energized me, in that funny way that massage can sometimes. It's nice to do something you're good at. It felt like returning home, to have my hands in the tissue. At the end of the day though - my feet hurt, my knees hurt, my wrists hurt, my low back hurt, and my neck hurt!! That never happens!!! I get funky wrists and sometimes my low back feels sore, but I never hurt my neck or knees. I did some self-care when I got home and felt fine after an hour. I guess I have to do a more extensive warm-up routine as I'm getting back in the flow here.

So that's my story.

My emotions: feeling frustrated, feeling helpless. I'm really envious of people in private practice who get to choose when to return to work, and set their own rules when they do (eg more time between mf'ing clients). I feel like if this hit 5 years down the road, I'd be in a much better place. But maybe I'd always think that no matter what the circumstances. I'm definitely grateful it didn't hit 5 years ago or I'd be bagging groceries 40hr/wk for minimum wage with no PPE. I'm grateful I still have a job. I think this entire next year or two is uncertain, so now is no time to get hung up on the details, now is time to survive and stay employed.

submitted by /u/circleen
[link] [comments]

Life in Georgia?

Posted: 29 Apr 2020 01:27 PM PDT

Today is April 29, so I guess 5 or 6 days since you all opened. Just curious what work life is like right now? Are you getting clients? In full ppe? Do you have enough hand sanitizer/ soap/ cleaning supplies? Do you feel safe/ have you just refused to go in?? Just curious. A friend of mine down in GA says that some of her friends jobs that have opened are refusing to go in and their jobs are letting them do that which I think is cool, but then I'm thinking that that's going to mess with unemployment.

submitted by /u/va-nella
[link] [comments]

Going back to work but being paid the same to do way more?

Posted: 30 Apr 2020 01:07 AM PDT

Did anyone else get instructions on the fact that they're supposed to

-wear a mask during, before and after service

-wear gloves during, before and after service

-have a vinyl waterproof sheet set and cloth sheet set they change between clients

-have a vinyl waterproof headrest cover and cloth headrest cover they change between clients

-sanitize entire room, doorknobs, counters and let it fully airdry between clients

...And theyre supposed to do this and expected to do this in like 10 minutes on top of consultation?

I'm seriously considering doing something else. Not being paid more but having to constantly be on the move cleaning, scrubbing, sanitizing as well as performing a massage all while wearing a mask. I can already imagine how stifling and uncomfortable it's going to be. Anyone else in the same boat or have any thoughts?

This is the full list of stuff I'm supposed to do in 10 minutes: All linens stripped down to vinyl covers on both face cradle and massage table, properly placed in linen containers marked "Soiled."

• All service rooms thoroughly wiped down with a hot hand towel or washcloth with one of the two approved hospital-grade or EPA-registered disinfectants used at Hand & Stone, Benefect Decon 30 or PureGreen 24. COVID-19 cannot survive temperatures greater than 115 degrees Fahrenheit, towels from the cabbie heat to 150 -160 degrees Fahrenheit.

• This is to include: o All vinyl surfaces o Attention button o Fan controller o Countertops in room o All handles on cabinets and doorknobs o Arms and seats of chairs and stools o Sinks, faucets & spouts o Dish soap and sanitizer dispenser o Oil bottle or other product containers used in service o Bolster o Face Cradle and Face Cradle Adjustment Lever o Light switch o Music switch o Jewelry holder and ledge on mirror (if the room has these) o LMT stool and handle o Equipment handles and hot towel cabby

submitted by /u/Lionlyy
[link] [comments]

Massage or Reflexology?

Posted: 29 Apr 2020 09:03 PM PDT

Not sure if this is the right place to post but anything is helpful!

I rolled my ankle mid-January, swelled up pretty good. I got an x-ray and it isn't broken, but now 3 and a half months later the swelling hasn't gone down and still gives me a lot of pain. Now that some distancing restrictions lifted in my area, I want to get it worked on.

Would reflexology help or hurt it? Is there any specific massages I can look into to help besides physiotherapy (can't afford it)? Ty!

submitted by /u/shelbyb47
[link] [comments]

Dallas Massage School Recommendations

Posted: 30 Apr 2020 12:51 AM PDT

I thought long and hard about what career I'd feel comfortable and content in doing for the long-haul. I'm confident with my decision on massage therapy, now I'm looking for the best school for that in Dallas, Texas. What I want to focus in is either Medical massage therapy or Sports massage therapy. I looked into schools such as Parker University (crossed this off my list as it is wayyyy too expensive).

I'm liking Sterling and Hands On Approach, but I want to take in account other's experiences with schools in the Dallas area to ensure I pick the best school.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/Spektz
[link] [comments]

Florida reopen concerns?

Posted: 29 Apr 2020 03:29 PM PDT

I'm supposed to go back to attending my massage therapy school this friday, yet nail salons/tattoo shops/hair dressers are still unallowed to open. Seeing how it isn't medical i assumed it would fall into the same category. Has anyone heard any updates on this?

submitted by /u/cam___cam
[link] [comments]

LMT in Colorado

Posted: 29 Apr 2020 12:34 PM PDT

Hey everyone! I'm planning to move to Colorado later this year (transferring my license) and was wondering if anyone was from the Denver/Colorado Springs area and had any suggestions of places to apply?

submitted by /u/suprpwrs
[link] [comments]

Should I apply to get my Massage License in California?

Posted: 29 Apr 2020 03:01 PM PDT

I live in Michigan I graduated from massage school last year in February but I haven't tried to take the state exam yet. Right now in California to get license the Mblex isn't required. I know I would still need to take the Mblex here in Michigan to get licensed. But I don't know if I'm going to pass the first time around here in Michigan. But I want to have my license in California.

submitted by /u/Love_Dust
[link] [comments]

Working as a hospital based LMT

Posted: 29 Apr 2020 05:00 AM PDT

Hey all, massage student here!

I'd love to hear anything at all anyone has to share about working as a hospital based massage therapist. Other than programs offered I really can't find a lot of information from people who have actually worked in a hospital setting, so I'm wondering if it's even a viable career path?

My other big questions: Do you have to have a separate certification to work in a hospital or will CEU credits in hospital based massage be enough? Do hospitals even realistically hire massage therapists? And do you even enjoy the setting/work?

I don't graduate or take the Mblex until August. But this is a path I'm very interested in and would love to hear from some people that have worked in this area.

submitted by /u/kileeey10001
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment