4,409 Free Blogger Templates

Free and Professional templates for your blog.

Free Blogger Templates

BTemplates, the best place for Blogger templates since 2008.

Massage

Massage


I was on the fence about my career as an LMT for a couple of years.

Posted: 28 Apr 2020 11:32 AM PDT

Should I move on? Do I even like it anymore? What else can I do?

All questions I've asked myself more than once in the past two years. I've been at this for nearly 10 years, and it's tiring. It's work.

Maybe it's the fact that I'm not working 25 hours a week, or that I'm stuck inside all day, but I definitely love this job. And I see myself keeping at it until I do move on. But I also feel like moving on won't happen for another five years.

I miss my regulars. As I've moved city to city over the years, I've lost precious clients and to this day I still wonder about them. Who their new therapist is, how they're doing, how they're feeling...

So I said to myself if I love it so much, why not teach? I've been floating through this career, working here and there and not pursuing a higher education in it, whilst I see others who have the initiative to better their techniques and practice.

Dam this lost is longer than I meant it to be.

TLDR, 10 years doing massage, wasn't sure if I still love it. The pandemic open my eyes to my passion for it. I want to teach it.

submitted by /u/dawn-of-pickles
[link] [comments]

Tips for filing for unemployment in WA state if you're self-employed

Posted: 28 Apr 2020 04:22 PM PDT

If you haven't heard, you can now file for unemployment even if you're self-employed in WA state if you are out of work due to COVID-19. The minimum you'll receive is $788/week ($188 from the state and an additional $600 from the federal government).

I've been trying to file for over a month now and here are some tips that perhaps will save you some headaches:

  • If you have your 2019 IRS tax return completed, you should be able to file online right away. Go to https://esd.wa.gov/unemployment/self-employed to get started. You will have to file a regular unemployment claim (which will be denied). Make sure you sign up for "eServices" so you get the notices immediately instead of waiting for the snail mail. When you get the notice of denial from eServices, there will be a new notice that will allow you to file a secondary claim called a Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. The PUA is your ticket to receiving unemployment benefits as a self-employed person. When you get to the page on the PUA application where it asks you your quarterly income for all 4 quarters of 2019, find your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) on your 2019 return and divide by 4 and enter that number into each quarter.
  • If you haven't completed your 2019 IRS tax return, do it now. From what we were told on the phone, you cannot file as a self-employed person without your 2019 return. It doesn't even need to be filed with the IRS yet, just completed and ready to file. They just need to verify your income. They say they need Schedule K, C or SE, but I simply just sent the entire return.
  • If you have questions that aren't answered on their website and absolutely need to call them, I recommend starting at 6:58AM and keep calling (They open at 7AM). If you have an Android phone, there are auto re-dialer apps, but iPhone doesn't have this feature nor are any apps available. I and my wife have literally made over 1,200 calls in the past couple weeks before we finally reached an actual agent. It was like winning the lottery. The agent was extremely helpful and took her time to answer all our questions.
  • Unlike typical unemployment claims, you won't be required to be searching for a new job during this pandemic, but you still need to file a weekly claim, detailing how much money you earned (even if $0) that week.
  • Your claim can be backdated. How far back, I don't know, but I believe it can go back several weeks. Mine is backdated to March 13th, I'll let you know if it gets approved for that.

Good luck!

submitted by /u/someonenamedmark1979
[link] [comments]

Can you live decent in California as a Massage Therapist?

Posted: 28 Apr 2020 06:31 PM PDT

Can you live comfortably in California working as a Massage Therapist?

submitted by /u/Love_Dust
[link] [comments]

Whats your limit?

Posted: 28 Apr 2020 04:17 PM PDT

Im still pretty new to the industry, but returned to work after over a month off and there are only 2 of us working at the moment. How many hour long massages do you feel comfortable doing is a day, for preservation of your own bodies? Im exhausted doing 5 a day every day. The money is appreciated but i wonder about the toll its going to take on my body after a while.

submitted by /u/AussieMuscleMechanic
[link] [comments]

Careers that would appeal to a CMT

Posted: 28 Apr 2020 03:58 PM PDT

Hi all, new here so thanks in advance! I've been a CMT for over 15 years with a super successful private practice. I love pretty much everything about my career in massage but have been itching for a change. Or maybe not a complete change, but something to add to the mix on the job front. I am soooo stuck though on what would be a good fit for me. After 15+ years working for myself doing massage I feel completely unqualified for anything else. I'm not opposed to going back to school or some other training but I am having an incredibly difficult time finding some direction. I'm wondering if any CMTs out there who have either pivoted careers or added a second career can share what work has proven enjoyable? I realize it is a highly subjective question, but in general I think us CMTs who have had successful careers probably value the same "types" of characteristics in a career. FYI, I'm not looking for another revenue stream tied to massage. (selling products, etc)

Here's what I most enjoy about the logistics of doing massage

  1. schedule flexibility
  2. working for myself
  3. lots of time to be home with my kids
  4. high per-hour income
  5. part time hours
  6. Keeps me moving and active

Here's what I don't like:

  1. Too dependent on my physicality - I worry about an injury/health issue keeping me out of work
  2. 15+ years in and my body is starting to feel the burden
  3. I don't want to be so one dimensional when it comes to my income and qualifications to do something else.
  4. I'm bored. I want something to stimulate my mind again like when I was hustling to build my business in the first place. BUT having two kids now I'm in a different place so I don't ACTUALLY want that degree of intensity and hustle again.

thanks for any insight!

submitted by /u/Artistic_Ruin
[link] [comments]

Non-pro help required

Posted: 28 Apr 2020 07:29 AM PDT

Hi all hope everyone is safe. I'm an ex-college football player, 21 and has just left. from the age of 17 to now i've had consistent hamstring issues. in total, i damaged the muscle 7 times, and now it's tight and stiff even if it's not pulled. my girlfriend has offered to help out with a massage, but wants some advice. any tips?

submitted by /u/Superonkey101
[link] [comments]

EDD application

Posted: 28 Apr 2020 09:03 AM PDT

EDD is now accepting applications for self-employed workers out of work due to COVID-19. Does anyone know what we put as our work type for massage therapist? Our job type isn't listed and It doesn't list the occupations to see what fits best. I'm thinking about beauty shop - service worker, physical therapist or care provider.

submitted by /u/Hangry_beavers
[link] [comments]

Advice for continuing education - Ontario RMT

Posted: 28 Apr 2020 08:54 AM PDT

Hey everyone! I tried to search this topic and nothing seemed to come up so I hope it is ok to post this here.

I've been an RMT in Ontario for a little over a year now, and I've been wanting to expand my knowledge and skills when it comes to massage therapy and I have been considering pursuing some continuing education for a while now but I have no idea where to start searching in order to find a good quality course that brings really good value. I was hoping somebody on this thread could make a few suggestions on continuing education courses available for RMTs. Ideally I'd like to be able to attend one in Ontario when the COVID-19 Pandemic has eased up and the world begins to return to normal. Any online courses that I could take during this time would also be very helpful as a suggestion!

I currently am employed at a sport therapy clinic and I prefer to do quite a bit of assessment and exercise prescription with my clients, so courses that are more focused on improving my ability to correctly assess and evaluate a client's main complaint would be more valuable to me than anything. I really like to learn about movement analysis and full body assessment as well.

Thanks in advance everyone!

submitted by /u/RyanFerry7
[link] [comments]

best contactless payment system?

Posted: 28 Apr 2020 11:28 AM PDT

So eventually I will return to work I hope! I currently use square for transactions but want to go contactless. Square is kind of pricey for that so what have you tried or what is your plan? Venmo, paypal, contactless chip reader?

submitted by /u/CrayonDNA
[link] [comments]

Any tips to give my fiancee better massages?

Posted: 28 Apr 2020 12:22 AM PDT

Is there any online resources/ videos I can utilize to give her amazing massages?

submitted by /u/JComer93
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment