4,409 Free Blogger Templates

Free and Professional templates for your blog.

Free Blogger Templates

BTemplates, the best place for Blogger templates since 2008.

Massage

Massage


Question about giving massages to friends/family

Posted: 11 May 2020 03:32 PM PDT

I've only known two massage therapists outside of getting professional massages. I've always found it a bit strange how particular they are about not giving out massages free to their family members or close friends. They are fine "trading" massages to teach them a skill, but never a free massage, and have been offended when asked for a massage outside of work.

I work in a very different field (mathematics), but I am often doing risk analyses on retirement choices, job salaries, stocks, housing purchases, etc. to my friends and family and I've never thought to charge them for that. I've spent many, many hours of my time helping those close to me, using my math skills, so I found it strange when a massage therapist wouldn't do the same for their family. I know many computer programmers and they're often offering computer help for free to their family/friends.

I'm not sure if this is just my two experiences, or if this is an overall masseuse line of thinking. Or if massage therapists are asked way too frequently for free massages, so they get so sick of it?

Or maybe since my work is at a computer and not really physical like a massage therapist, it makes a difference? Any ideas about this?

I also am not trying to offend massage therapists; I want to better understand the reasoning, or if this is even true.

submitted by /u/adele2431
[link] [comments]

PSA for PUA in California if you haven't gotten any updates

Posted: 11 May 2020 08:05 PM PDT

If you were one of those like me who applied on 4/28 when it kept crashing, and still haven't received any info. Go back to UI Online and click 'File New Claim'

If it says Error, you have a claim being processed, you're ok.

If it lets you create a new claim, it means even though you filed on 4/28 and got a confirmation #, it did not go through because the system was crashing (this was my case). My Uncle who also runs a business applied a week after me and got his money a week ago.

I had to read other threads to find this trick out today and just reapplied. SMH, frustrating...

submitted by /u/SignalInstruction2
[link] [comments]

Those back at work, what changes have you implemented to your procotols/policies?

Posted: 11 May 2020 08:15 AM PDT

I'm looking at compiling a list of best practices and I am curious to see what therapists have implemented (voluntarily or as required). The goal is to create a document of best practices along with sources which I can share publicly when I am finished but would like to see what you have done on the following:

  • pre-screening - phone/email questionnaire, taking temperatures of staff/clients

  • physical space - spacing in common areas, removal of furniture, using air filtration devices, limiting capacity

  • scheduling - staggered/reduced workload, increase time between clients for cleaning

  • attire/PPE - change of clothes between clients, gowns, masks (for clients and staff), gloves

  • treatment modifications - no inter-oral, no supine, no using forearm/elbow

  • sanitization - frequency protocol, types of sanitizer/disinfectant

  • linens and sheets - will you continue to use sheets or clothes on massage, will you launder at home or outsource laundry?

submitted by /u/bikeroo
[link] [comments]

When I run my flat massager over my leg, parts of my legs hurt? What is that from? Suggestions?

Posted: 11 May 2020 10:10 AM PDT

Its a gentle massager with a flat tip so its not like a hard ball massager or anything. It feels great across my legs. Im on my feet a lot and am overweight. I am starting to get varicose veins on my legs, which my mom has them all over her legs, so im assuming its genetic to some extent. Do you think the pain is from the potential varicose veins? Its not an unbearable pain, just kinda feels like im going over bruises, yet there are no bruises. Should I keep massaging them? Do you think that well help? Im trying to do it every day for a couple minutes. How long do you think I should go over my legs each day? Sorry its a million questions, I just am so tired of being soar and feeling like my body is inflamed.

submitted by /u/poopooinyourbutt
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment