4,409 Free Blogger Templates

Free and Professional templates for your blog.

Free Blogger Templates

BTemplates, the best place for Blogger templates since 2008.

Massage

Massage


Mobile Massage Carry All

Posted: 27 Apr 2020 08:12 AM PDT

Hi all! LMTs who do out-calls/mobile massage, do you have a specific bag you'd recommend? I have my table case, but I can't decide on a tote or large bag to carry my sheets, table warmer, oil, etc. A number of my clients live together, so I'm lugging multiple sets of sheets, 2-4 sets at times. I've used plastic and collapsible hampers, but they always break, in my experience, and I feel they look unprofessional. Thank you all!

If you have any suggestions for establishing an entirely mobile massage practice, or what has been most successful for you, I would love to hear from you.

Side note- this is for future reference. The space I was contracting out of has closed (for good) in the midst of all things Covid-19, I just want to get a jump start on my new endeavor. Thank you, thank you.

submitted by /u/cagepurrier
[link] [comments]

Pros/ cons of going mobile in light of covid?

Posted: 27 Apr 2020 09:29 AM PDT

Hey guys, I wanted to get some opinions/ info about the possibility of going mobile when I'm ready to slowly start working again in a few weeks.

Background, I have a very successful practice with about Fifty monthly members and 200 clients receiving both massage and facials from me. Obviously I'm shut down right now and won't be going back for a while. With the new guidelines in place for sanitizing and the drastic reduction in clients I am able to take, I am considering taking a few clients a week offering mobile services.

I may or may not still have access to my office space. The owner of the building may not be able to keep up with the mortgage payments and It is a shared space with other practitioners (acupuncturist, chiropractor, midwives) and there is a limit to how many people can be in the building/ waiting area.

I had some clients who purchased gift certificates as a way to support me during this time so I at least need to fulfill those somehow.

Wanted to get some feedback on pros/ cons of going mobile when I'm ready to start back up. Thanks!

submitted by /u/freak_shack
[link] [comments]

Thinking about opening my own practice when this blows over - need ideas for survey questions.

Posted: 27 Apr 2020 10:25 AM PDT

After mulling it over for a few days, I'm realizing that the anxiety I've been feeling about going back to work isnt necessarily because its massage, it's because of where I work. Don't get me wrong, I like my job and I'm well taken care of. But my commute is about and hour and a half total, my body hurts from the high turnover, less pay than I deserve, and I'd rather do things my way. I see my more experienced coworkers and how run down they seem. They seem jaded towards the work, like "this is hard work and your body is supposed to hurt and life is supposed to be hard." Slight exaggeration, but you get it. My plan was to stay at Elements for a year or two, build up my confidence and skills, and to move on to my own thing. A year has past, and here I am. I'm taking this pandemic as a sign for some change.

Onto the point - I want to focus on helping my small town community. But, before I commit to this I want to make sure there will be a demand. I'm planning on making an anonymous survey to distribute over Facebook to as much as my area as possible. What questions would you want answered before starting up your own practice?

submitted by /u/ThosePeaches
[link] [comments]

Immune system/Very Severe COPD

Posted: 27 Apr 2020 11:51 AM PDT

I consider Massage Therapists to be more up to date on how to stay healthy. Many LMT's I meet are very educated about what they put in their bodies and how they remain healthy. Most LMT's are fit and eat a natural type of diet and are also up on the latest ways to heal others. That being said I have Very Severe COPD. My FEV = 29% on the Spirometry test that the doctors have at their office or hospital. I am in the Last stage of COPD or the one you die in. I have dealt with Restricted COPD for the past 10 years but I was never below 30% until this past September. Now that everyone is running around washing everything down due to Corona virus it has made me curious about what other LMT's are doing to keep their immune System functioning. I will never be able to fix or heal my Lung Problem due to severe scoliosis but I can keep my immune system strong by staying away from Sugar and Carbs and other chemicals that destroy our entire bodies. I work with a few Holistic doctors who have brought me back from near death over the past few months. Holistic Doctors have taught me more about my own body than I was ever aware. Pulmonary Doctors have testing for COPD and they can give oxygen which I use every night. My pulmonary doctors have tried every type of inhaler they make but my issue cannot be relieved with those methods. Does anyone else have COPD or have tips on what they do to stay healthy. I myself am very much against wearing a mask because my body does not do a good job at eliminating CO2 from the blood. When I put on a simple mask or anything over my mouth and nose I cannot breathe at all. The CO2 that I normally breathe out is being taken right back in when I have a mask on. This means death to people who suffer from severe lung issues. I am hoping other LMT's that have lung issues can speak about what they do to help their own bodies overcome issues that happen to our lungs. I find Massage therapy helps more than any other type of healthcare including Allopathic, Chiropractic, Acupuncture. I became a LMT because it is far better for my condition than living without it. Thank to everyone who can relate. I would be dead without Massage Therapy. It allows me to help others while other talented therapist help me. It is a great occupation to be in if you have severe health issues such as Scoliosis.

submitted by /u/bmassey1
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment