4,409 Free Blogger Templates

Free and Professional templates for your blog.

Free Blogger Templates

BTemplates, the best place for Blogger templates since 2008.

Massage

Massage


AMTA Liability Coverage

Posted: 23 Apr 2020 07:13 PM PDT

Just got an email from AMTA stating as long as you follow federal/state/local guidelines that your liability coverage will cover you.

I had stated as such a few days ago. A few members and one in particular was arguing at the top of their lungs that their liability would would not cover them during a pandemic.

Talk to your insurer and don't listen to random reddit people spreading fear and misinformation.

Everyone stay safe and I am thinking about those being told to go back to work already.

Stay home. Stay safe!

Edit: a word

submitted by /u/rhuff80
[link] [comments]

I haven't worked since March 16

Posted: 23 Apr 2020 04:09 PM PDT

I'm a Vegas high volume spa employee.

It took 2 weeks to stop waking up with daggers in my wrists. Ive had ZERO back pain for 4 weeks now.
My feet don't feel painful or hypersensitive anymore.

I've been gardening, resting when I need to, playing with my dogs, cleaning, cooking (I RARELY cooked due to exhaustion).

I'm volunteering for my local public radio station too, and manage a fb group helping people find employment & sharpen their resumes and interview skills.

I've been wanting to leave the field for a while now because it wrecked my life but the money was too good to leave... I'll probably go back when this quarantine is over (not for long though) but man has this helped me see JUST HOW MUCH BETTER I CAN FEEL when I'm not slaving away 10 hours of hard labor each day taking orders from people that don't give one fuck about the toll their massage does for your body.

I'm thankful for the break even though I'm poverty- level poor right now.

submitted by /u/antiquehats
[link] [comments]

I’m about to quit my job

Posted: 23 Apr 2020 08:20 AM PDT

I'm an independent contractor at a physical therapy place and I just can't go back once my state government says I can. I feel like my body is finally healing from overworking and I've even been able to cut back on anxiety medication. I just can't do massage anymore. Plus I have a family member who I've been taking care of and her declining health is requiring more time and energy. I'd rather help her than go back to this somewhat toxic job.

Is emailing the bosses okay in this current climate? I know quitting in person is better but social distancing and all that.

submitted by /u/BBgotMak
[link] [comments]

Your Massage / Anatomy book recommendations?

Posted: 24 Apr 2020 02:41 AM PDT

Some very important information about COVID-19 and the future of massage therapy

Posted: 23 Apr 2020 10:37 AM PDT

I see a lot of posts and questions about when and how we will return to work. Here is a great video with experts in pathology and ethics in massage therapy discussing what a safe and ethical practice might look like when it is safe to return to work doing massage. It's long but I strongly suggest every massage therapist and massage therapy business owner watch it. Discussion of massage therapy in the context of COVID-19

submitted by /u/ElbowsMcDeep
[link] [comments]

Massage Therapists, can I become a massage therapist if I’m hyper mobile ?

Posted: 23 Apr 2020 07:57 PM PDT

Hey all hope you're doing well. I attended massage school but had to drop out half way through because I had a pretty painful pinched nerve, which also affected the tendon on my right hand just under the index finger. It was painful to give massages and I was misdiagnosed with trigger finger by my sports medicine doctor. I finally went to a hand therapist and It turns out it was just inflammation which resolved with strengthening exercises and a customized brace. Must have been from the pinched nerve I guess. So anyway she was shocked when she looked at my hands and said they are very flexible and delicate. She said my hands were really flexible and recommended me not to go back to massage school. I am apparently very high risk for injury. This broke my heart as it is my passion and dream to be in that field. Anyone here with non hyper mobile hands that are having pains and issues already ? Maybe I could even get away with working only 12 hours a week. I just don't know if I should waste more time and money only to find out I'll be seriously injured. I don't know what to do now.

submitted by /u/Thumbelina2018
[link] [comments]

What to Put On Intake Form?

Posted: 23 Apr 2020 07:18 PM PDT

I'm m23 and I live with my aunt who I'm quarantining with I guess, she's an RMT and offered me massages since I've been dealing with some low back and thigh/glute pain. She is basically treating me like a real client and is having me fill out her intake form.

I ruptured both my testicles in 2018 and had to get 1 removed and I was wondering if I should put this down in the intake form or not? I don't really care if she knows or asks about it or how it happened etc

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Annual_Victory
[link] [comments]

Opinion on performing “medically necessary” massage?

Posted: 23 Apr 2020 12:05 PM PDT

I'm an IC at a naturopathic clinic in oregon and the dr is pushing me to start work again next week. We are only opening for 2 days/week and only taking "medically necessary" patients and I will only be seeing them with a prescription. Legally I'm ok. Realistically though, is this ok? Keep in mind the people I'll be seeing are pain management patients who's lives have become rather unbearable. Numbers are way down in my area and all appropriate PPE will be donned and all surfaces sanitized and dried prior to each session.

Thoughts? Wisdom?

Update: I've decided that after taking in enough data and commentary, I feel that it would be unwise for me to return to work.

submitted by /u/ofretc
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment