4,409 Free Blogger Templates

Free and Professional templates for your blog.

Free Blogger Templates

BTemplates, the best place for Blogger templates since 2008.

Massage

Massage


Resources

Posted: 06 May 2020 03:35 PM PDT

I wanted to offer two resources to the community, as we negotiate this pandemic.

One is from Diana Thompson, author of Hands Heal and creator of Hands Heal: Electronic Medical Records. It was offered as a Word document through Sohnen-Moe Associates. I cannot find a web link, and my understanding it was offered as a gift to the massage community. It's an additional intake for CoVid-19, for those of you who are back at work or expect to be soon.

Two is I am offering a letter I wrote and emailed to all my clients this past week. My state is NOT currently open for massage, but I wanted to reach out to my clients since the topic of reopening is everywhere in the news. I offer this as a gift, to give you language to talk to clients, employers or anyone else about the situation we find ourselves in. Please use it as you will. The response from my clients has been 100% positive to the letter, and many have said how they feel they can trust me even more based on this document.

I currently have a private practice in a home office, but I have worked in many high volume clinics over the course of 20 years in this profession. I know I am privileged to be able to chose this and that not all of us can. I urge you all to take care of yourselves and be kind to yourself in this situation, because that's how you would be with your clients.

Both documents follow, separated by the stars.

*********************************Document #1****************************************

Additional Intake form – COVID-19

Due to the infectious nature of COVID-19, this additional intake form must be completed before each massage therapy session. Please know that people with COVID-19 can be asymptomatic and still be contagious. There is no way to completely protect ourselves from this virus. Ask for the checklist of precautions to see how I am disinfecting my office between sessions. And please answer these questions truthfully and do everything asked so we can do our best to protect each other. Thank you!

Testing status

  1. Have you been tested for COVID? The antibody?

  2. When? What were the results?

Symptoms:

  1. Are you experiencing Fever? Temperature reading:

Cough?

Sore throat?

Shortness of breath? Oximeter reading:

Sudden loss of taste and smell?

Fatigue?

Chills?

Nasal or sinus congestion?

Sudden onset body aches?

New rash or other changes to your skin?

Have you been doing regular cardio exercise?

Exposure

  1. Are you aware of having been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or anyone who has been exposed to someone with COVID-19?

  2. Have you done any air travel, domestic or international recently?

  3. Have you traveled to any places with a high infection rate, where people have not been isolating (no stay at home order), or been in any groups of people where social distancing was not observed?

Precautions

  1. What precautions have you taken to limit your exposure to the virus?

  2. Do you spend time around anyone considered high risk, such as elderly with co-morbidities or immunocompromised family members?

Requested Actions

  1. Are you willing to wash or sanitize your hands upon entering my office and post-massage?

  2. Are you willing to wear a face mask at all times in my office and during the session?

**************** Document #2***********************************************

Dear Massage Client,

Hello. I hope you are doing well in this new world we find ourselves living in. I hope you and your loved ones have been safe and healthy and been able to shelter and that you are enjoying the return of warm sunny weather.

We haven't seen each other in a long time now, so I wanted to reach out to you and start a conversation about what the world of massage looks like now that SARS-CoVid-19 has plowed through it. While what I write now is current to the science we have, that may change by the time you get this letter—there is so much effort being expended and data incoming and I'm trying to keep on top of the best science and data-based information.

Firstly, my guiding principle is do no harm. This means I want to be as safe as possible for myself, my health and you and your health.

Second, my sources. I am using the CDC, OSHA, WHO and my professional organizations to give me guidance on this matter. In particular, AMTA and ABMP have stressed that while policy comes from our governors and legislators, they don't have a very good idea of the working conditions of a massage therapist and may say it is safe when it really isn't.

Because of the close proximity necessary for doing massage, I will need to wear PPE (personal protection equipment). This means face mask, face shield, gloves. Right now all of these items are in limited supply and I am unwilling to add to the concerns of frontline health care providers by attempting to acquire them. Until the supply chain for PPE is stable and readily available, I will not reopen my practice.

As for testing, the data shows varied results, with false negatives appearing with antibody testing and the ability of symptomatic testing very limited. Until testing is widely available and reasonably accurate, I will not reopen my practice.

I know these choices may not be the answers you wish to hear, and I know we all could use some comforting touch right now. However, I feel it would be unethical, irresponsible and hasty for me to open my practice without these two basic cautions in place. Even then, when I do reopen, I will need to take extensive measures to protect all of us.

When the two measures above are met or near being met, I will contact you about the new protocols I have put in place to keep us safe until we can be vaccinated.

If you have any questions about this letter, I am available via text, phone or email and I encourage you to reach out. Please take care of yourselves until we meet in person again.

Best wishes for your health,

submitted by /u/MImt734
[link] [comments]

Nevada state board meeting may 8th at 9am

Posted: 07 May 2020 01:34 AM PDT

AMTA mentor

Posted: 06 May 2020 01:16 PM PDT

Hello all! I just signed up to be an AMTA mentor. Does anyone else have any experience with this? I'm excited about it!

submitted by /u/emzymeme
[link] [comments]

r/massageguns

Posted: 06 May 2020 11:18 AM PDT

I know there's a lot of professionals in this subreddit that use massage guns so I wanted to share a new subreddit I've created for massage guns r/massageguns

I encourage anyone interested to join and share their experiences with these tools

submitted by /u/baller1207
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment